Year: 1909 | Shipyard: W. Fife Fairley
Naval Architect: William Fife III
Sailing Rig: Gaff Cutter | LOA: 28
Past Participations: 2011, 2012, 2018, 2019, 2021
“Tuiga’s long life began in 1909 when she slipped into the cold Scottish waters at the boat builder William Fife’s yard. She had been commissioned by the Duke of Medinaceli. William Fife designed Tuiga as a twin to the Fife-built Hispania, so that the two 15M IR vessels could race together on an equal footing.
After several years being totally restored at the Fairlie Restorations boatyard in England, supervised by Duncan Walker, Tuiga is today the Yacht Club de Monaco’s flagship.”